(YES, you can still buy and sell real estate during the COVID-19 outbreak)
It’s been quite an ordeal with all of our shared COVID-19 challenges and experiences. Fears and anxieties have brought many of us to new realizations and insights about life, relationships, values and what’s most important in our life. It has allowed many the unexpected opportunity to slow down, reflect and hopefully be more wise and loving. Feeling more isolated also elicits a building of excitement and readiness to “get our life back to usual.” We miss the freedoms of in-person socialization, group activities, a normal work environment and recreational-cultural activities. Do you feel like your goals and plans have been placed on temporary hold? Fortunately we tend to intuitively realize that life will move on and eventually “this too will pass.” Our amazing ability to endure, persist and grow makes us remarkably resilient.
Once we get over the initial shock, our desire to move forward will prevail and take center stage (both individually and as a nation). Our goals to be active and continue our life journey will move forward.
This also applies to your real estate plans and goals. Real estate is still a solid long-term investment and interest rates are LOW! This is a great time to refinance, buy a new home or invest in rental properties. Since we have not seen any extreme price swings during Shelter in Place, seniors preparing for retirement or downsizing and move up buyers can still sell while prices and demand are strong.
How Buying and Selling has Changed:
As your professional real estate consultants, Brad and Steve have 3 major objectives:
1) To keep you as safe as realistically possible.
2) To help you accomplish your real estate goals.
3) To provide you with the highest standards in marketing, negotiations and contractual representation.
New Safety Guidelines (Let’s all work together). Preventing the transfer of COVID-19 is of utmost concern. Here’s what we recommend:
1) An increased use of online marketing to include BOTH pictures of the property AND a 3-D Virtual Tour so buyers can your property in great detail without even personally entering your space.
2) Eliminate or limit both Brokers Tours and Open House social gatherings (to comply with governmental and real estate health safety standards.
3) Provide safety precautionary measures for any inspectors, appraisers, agents or prospects. These may include face masks, rubber gloves, hand sanitizers as well as questioning if they are sick and/or have a virus.
4) Take sanitary measures prior to and after visits.
5) Provide current pest control (termite) and professional home inspection reports for buyers to review. This may eliminate the need for additional buyer inspections.
6) Use state of the art technologies to remotely communicate, negotiate and sign documents electronically to list and sell your property.
7) Any allowed viewings or inspections to include recommended social distancing.
8) Post notices about social distancing on your door. Provide masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
1) Search property information ONLINE. The most popular sites are Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia. This usually includes pictures as well as property information.2) Real estate contracts can be explained via teleconferencing and contracts can be prepared and submitted through emails with electronic signatures (ex. DocuSign).
3) Buyers have the right to pay for and complete professional property inspections (unless the buyer accepts and is comfortable with the existing inspections that the seller provides). Existing reports completed by sellers may eliminate the need for additional buyer inspections.
4) Depending on governmental mandates/restrictions, we recommend buyers tour homes after their offer is accepted when possible. Also, using precautionary measures with regards to existing illness, the use of safety gloves, face masks and sanitation prior to and after viewings is highly recommended. The number of people allowed per viewing and social distancing inside properties may also be beneficial for health and safety reasons.
WE CAN DO THIS!
You still have the ability to accomplish your real estate buyer and seller objectives while limiting risk to your household and family.
CALL TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS (Your Martinez Specialist)
Let’s discuss your wants, needs and goals to best determine if this is a good time for you to buy or sell while keeping health and safety precautions.
We offer a FREE Property Price Evaluation and we’d be delighted to share our innovative marketing strategies for a safer sale, state of the art technologies and 31 year history of having successfully represented over 1050 local buyers and sellers. We feel honored and privileged to be considered for the position of your Realtor.
Be Safe-Be Smart-Be Bold!
Flatten the Curve for All
Brad Turnbloom & Steve Turnbloom
Leave a Reply